In terms of Rule 3 and 4 of the ‘Breeding of and Experiments on Animals (Control and Supervision) Rules, 1998’, every establishment involved with handling (Education, Research, Breeding, Trading and Production of Hyper-immune Plasma and Serum) of laboratory (Small and Large) animals is required to register with CCSEA.
List of requisite documents for registration:
1. Application as per revised Form ‘A’ for registration. (Each column of Form A is to be filled online).
2. The Blueprint / Layout plan of the Animal House Facility/ animal farm of the establishment, having the details of the various rooms/area with measurements for keeping animals, feed storage, wash room, office room etc as per CCSEA guidelines, duly signed by the Head of the establishment and theArchitect.
3. Minutes of the internal IAEC meeting, wherein recommendation for CCSEA registration has been approved by theIAEC.
4. Approval letter from the Government/ Autonomous Council (viz. AICTE/ PCI/MCI) or Company RegistrationCertificate.
5. The biodata and consent letters of 5 internal IAEC members (Biodata format available on thewebsite).
6. The registration fee will be submitted through ‘online payment gateway’ as per prescribed fee structure available on the website (http://cpcsea.nic.in/(128 Kb) WriteReadData/LnPdf/NewFeestructureofCPCSEA16.02.2017.pdf(128 Kb)).
7. The animals (Large animals in farms/ large animal house facility and Small animals in small animal house facility) may be kept only once the inspection is done by a team constituted by CCSEA and after the registration withCCSEA.
Procedure for applying online:
Step 1: It is required to sign up in the User Login Window available at Home Page of Website of CCSEA (http://cpcsea.nic.in).
Step 2: Fill the requisite details available at sign up page
Step 3: The user is required to login through User Login Window at Home Page by selecting ‘Establishment Login’ in User type and put their User Name & Password which were entered during sign-up Form.
Step 4: After successful login, click on New Registration Tab from the left side, fill the registration form as per Form A in 3 mentioned steps. After completion of details of one step, click on Save and Proceed for next step.
Step 5: After filling up the details in all the 3 steps, click on Finish Button; the complete filled form will display, click on the Make Payment Button at the bottom of this page; pay the registration fee through ‘online payment mode i.e. Debit Card, Credit Card and Internet Banking.